Below is list of reliable Mesh Routers sorted by price.
- Mercusys Halo H30G AC1300 with gigabit ports. more info VFM
- D-Link Covr 1100 AC1200 with gigabit ports. unstable. more details
- Mercusys Halo H50G AC1900 with gigabit ports. more info VFM
- Tp-link Deco M4 AC1200 with gigabit port. With parental control more details.
- Netgear Orbi MK62. Wifi6 with dedicated backhaul more details.
- Tp-link Deco M5 Ac1300 with gigabit port. Parental control + malware+ anti-virus inbuilt. more details
- Netgear Orbi RBK50 Triband Router System. Best out of all with dedicated wireless backhaul, parental control, stability. more details
- Asus AX55 AX1800 Dual Band Router with Aimesh support. Buy 2 or more pieces for mesh formation. more details.
- Mercusys HALO S12 for speed 50mbps to 10mbps(No gigabit port) sold out
I would recommend to go with atleast gigaport router system unless you are too tight on budget.
Best mesh WiFi systems are new age AI routers which solves the network coverage problems in large areas. When you connect two or more mesh setup router they talk with themselves and setup in a best possible way. Depending on distance between two mesh router and congestion of neighboring wifi network AI on these mesh devices switches backhaul to different channel of 2.4ghz or 5ghz. You can add more devices to these by buying single device or a pair depending upon needs.
Mesh is like a router and many extenders of same brand but they understand the language of each other better and thus help in achieving better coverage and data rates too without interference of each other.
While normal router and wifi booster can reach 50-70% of original speeds. Mesh routers can help you reach 90-100% of original speeds even on extended networks.