Prosperity Edge card from Yes Bank is a mid-income segment credit card targeted at young online spenders.
Its a mastercard world credit card with 2 complimentary access per quarter to select airport lounges across Indian Airports for Primary card holder only.
Yes Prosperity Edge Card is currently offered lifetime free for all eligible users. One can apply this card online or from yes bank branch also.
Welcome Benefits: Spend ₹ 7500 within 30days from card issuance date & get 1500 reward points worth ₹375.
- 4 points on every Rs.100 spent online (1% value back)
- 3 points on every Rs.100 spent offline (0.75% value back)
- 6 points on every Rs.100 spend on birthday of primary card holder only
- 5 points on international spending both offline & online (1.25% value back)
- 3% markup on foreign currency transactions (normally 3.5% you save 0.5%)
- 15000 points bonus on spending Rs.6 lac in a card year. (Rs.3750)
So if you spend upto 6lac in a year then this card could fetch you 1.41% to 1.66% value back depending on offline or online spending.
We are not considering foreign transactions as 1.25% value back is after 3+tax markup fees so not beneficial there.
Limited reward redemption is one of the drawback of this card. Redeeming for flights is the only better option I could find.
Still lifetime free card & good 1%+ value back makes it another good mid value card for online users.
Card in direct competition to Yes Bank Prosperity Edge Card are:
- Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card
- Sbi Simply Click Credit Card
- Hdfc Money Back Credit Card