SBI Prime is latest from SBI card to replace it’s platinum card range. Infact SBI has changed all SBI platinum cards benefits to SBI Prime Card from 1st June 2017. Available in Visa’s Signature version or Mastercard’s world version. Best part of this card is free national & international lounge access.
It’s truly a revolutionary card from SBI in terms of rewards & benefits targeted at upper-medium tier income group.
Hoping that SBI doesn’t devalues this card atleast for next 2 years. Let’s have a look at rewards & benefits of SBI Prime Card
- Annual Fees Rs.3000+15%= Rs.3450 (waived if spend Rs.3,00,000 in a year)
- Welcome benefit: Free Rs.3000 gift voucher from either of one from Bata/Hush Puppies, Marks and Spencer, Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop and Yatra.com.(one time)
- 20 Reward Points per ₹ 100 spent on standing instructions of Utility Bills payments (5% value)
- 15 Reward Points per ₹ 100 spent on BigBasket, Reliance Fresh, Reliance Smart, Reliance Footprint, Reliance Trends and Sahakari Bhandar stores (3.75% value)
- 10 Reward Points per ₹100 spent on Dining, Groceries, Departmental stores and Movies(2.5% in value)
- 2 Reward Points per ₹ 100 on all other retail spends(0.5% value)
- Enjoy 20 Reward Points per ₹ 100 spent on your birthday (5% value) Wow
- Adjust each 4pts for Re.1 as credit in card bill.(Best part)
- Get Pizza Hut e-Voucher worth ₹ 1,000 on achieving spends of ₹ 50,000 in a calendar quarter
- E-Gift Voucher worth ₹ 7,000 from Yatra.com/Pantaloons on achieving annual spends of ₹ 5 Lakhs
Other Lifestyle Benefits:
- 4 complimentary visits per year to International Priority Pass Lounges, outside India (max. 2 visits per quarter)
- 8 complimentary visits per year to Domestic VISA/Mastercard Lounges in India (max. 2 visits per quarter)
- Enjoy Complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership
- Get 1 complimentary Lounge Access Voucher and 1 Upgrade Voucher
- Earn 9 Club Vistara Points for every ₹ 100 spent on Vistara flights
- Enjoy complimentary Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership
- Get exclusive 1,000 Welcome Points on registration
- Enjoy 1,500 Bonus Points on your first stay & additional ₹ 1,000 hotel credit on extended night stay
- Enjoy 20 Reward Points per ₹ 100 spent on your birthday
I think this card is in direct competition to HDFC Regalia & Yes Bank Preferred. However SBI card is superior to many other cards. It got everything from good reward points to milestone benefits to lounge access to airline & hotel privileges.
- This Card gives Cashback in terms of reward point in excess of 2.5 to 6.4% .
- Best for people who spend 3lac to 5lac per annum.
- Verdict : Get it only if you spend 3lac+ in a year