Amex MRCC and Platinum Travel Cards are both outstanding cards in reward return ratio. But to decide which one to opt for it all depends on what you want to achieve and how much you wanna spend.
Let’s compare Amex Membership Rewards Card with Platinum Travel Card:
|Amex MRCC Card||Amex Platinum Travel Card|
|1 reward point per ₹50 spent||1 reward point per ₹50 spent|
|Earn 1,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points for simply using your card 4 times on transactions of Rs. 1,500 or above in a calendar month.||Spend Rs. 1.90 Lacs in a Cardmembership year and get Flipkart voucher or Travel Voucher worth Rs. 4,500.|
|Earn an additional 1,000 Membership Rewards points simply by spending INR 20,000 or more in a calendar month.||Spend Rs. 4 Lacs in a Cardmembership year and additionally get Flipkart voucher or Travel Voucher worth Rs. 7,500.|
|Annual Fees waiver on ₹1.5lacs spend in a card year. Half fees waiver on reaching ₹90k spend in a card year.||₹4 lacs milestone also gets you a Taj Hotel E-Gift Card worth Rs. 10,000.|
|18k and 24k gold karat collection where you can redeem points for flipkart, shoppers stop, amazon and taj vouchers.||Enjoy 8 complimentary visits per year (limited to two complimentary visit per quarter) to select airport lounges across India.|
|Annual fees: |
₹1500 via referral code
₹4500 without referral code
|Annual Fees: |
₹5000 per year
|First Year Free MRCC via Referral Code||First Year Free Plat Travel Via Referral Code|
Well if you can spend ₹1.5lacs in a year then MRCC is the best however if you can reach 4Lacs+ spending in a card membership year then Amex Platinum Card is no brainer.
Tip: During renewal ask amex support for waiver options.
Comparison between the American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card (MRCC) and the American Express Platinum Travel Card. Please note that terms, benefits, and offerings can change over time, so I recommend checking with American Express or other reliable sources for the most up-to-date information.
American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card (MRCC):
- Annual Fee: The MRCC typically comes with a lower annual fee compared to the Platinum Travel Card.
- Rewards Program: This card is focused on earning Membership Rewards points for your spending, which can be redeemed for various rewards, including flights, hotels, gift cards, and more.
- Travel Benefits: While it might not offer as extensive travel benefits as the Platinum Travel Card, the MRCC might still provide some travel-related perks, such as travel vouchers, hotel discounts, or lounge access.
- Other Benefits: The MRCC might include a range of offers and benefits across categories like dining, shopping, and entertainment.
- Complimentary Insurance: It could offer certain insurance coverage, like travel insurance or purchase protection, although the coverage level might not be as comprehensive as the Platinum Travel Card.
American Express Platinum Travel Card:
- Annual Fee: The Platinum Travel Card usually comes with a higher annual fee.
- Rewards Program: While the Platinum Travel Card also earns Membership Rewards points, it’s typically geared more towards travel-related spending, offering accelerated points earning on travel expenses.
- Travel Benefits: This card is known for offering extensive travel benefits, such as airport lounge access, travel credits, hotel privileges, complimentary elite status in hotel loyalty programs, and more.
- Welcome Bonuses: The Platinum Travel Card might offer generous welcome bonuses, often involving bonus Membership Rewards points or travel vouchers.
- Travel Vouchers: This card might offer annual travel vouchers that can be used to offset certain travel expenses.
- Travel Insurance: The Platinum Travel Card might provide more comprehensive travel insurance coverage compared to the MRCC.
- Concierge Service: Platinum Travel Cardholders might have access to a dedicated concierge service to assist with travel bookings, reservations, and more.
When deciding between these two cards, consider your spending habits, travel preferences, and the specific benefits that are most important to you. The Platinum Travel Card might be more suitable if you travel frequently and value premium travel benefits, while the MRCC could be a better fit for those who want a more affordable card with a focus on earning Membership Rewards points for a variety of rewards.