Axis Bank Credit Card offers this card for online users. Though it’s more targeted to Flipkart users.
This card is more beneficial for it’s milestone spending than reward points which are a disappointment.
Though you’ll get most of these benefits in form of Flipkart vouchers. So unlees you are a big fan of Flipkart this card won’t please you much.
- Annual fees : Rs.750 (waiver not possible)
- Welcome Benefits: Rs.1000 flipkart voucher on making 3 purchase within 45days.
- 5% instant discount at Flipkart (Max. monthly benefits upto Rs.200)
- 6 Axis eDGE Reward Points on every Rs.200 spent online (except for online travel spends)
- 2 Axis eDGE Reward Points on every Rs200 spent
- Each edge point is worth 20-paisa.
- Petrol surcharge waiver & 15% off on dining spends at selected restaurants.
- Spend Rs.25,000 on Flipkart get Rs.500 flipkart voucher.
- Spend Rs.50,000 on Flipkart get Rs.1000 flipkart voucher.
- Spend Rs.100,000 on Flipkart get Rs.2500 flipkart voucher.
- Spend Rs.100,000 overall get Rs.1000 flipkart voucher.
- Spend Rs.200,000 overall get Rs.2000 flipkart voucher.
As you can see suited for thrift flipkart spenders.
If you spend Rs.1,00,000 in a year overall then you get
just Rs.200-600 worth of reward points
+ Rs.1000 flipkart voucher
– Rs.750 annual fees
So just 0.45-0.85% of rewards (depending on offline or online usage)
However if 25k out of this 1lac is on flipkart then percent increases to
1.05-1.35% of rewards.
If you spend 2 lac overall then you get
Rs.400-1200 worth of points
+ Rs.2000 flipkart voucher
– Rs.750 annual fees
You get 0.82-1.25% of rewards (depending on offline & online usage)
However if you spend same 25k on flipkart then you get
1.42%-1.75% of rewards back.
This reward percentage gonna increase with flipkart spending.
However this card not worth more once you cross the over all spending of 2 lacs. Unless you can achieve flipkart milestone individually.
Axis Bank want keep out point chasers by leaving travel category spent out of 3X rewards benefits. Travel , Utility Bills & e-commerce is major spending areas for online users.
Other comparative cards are SBI simply click which I think is better than this Axis Bank Buzz credit card & one more is HDFC money back card. Both of these can be availed free from annual fees by spending around 1lac in a year which is not possible in Buzz card.