Transcript is consolidated marks-sheet as proof of university certification. Most foreign institutions require them to be sent directly from university or college.
For Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Delhi here is the procedure:
You need to visit IP university Dwarka campus office at Golf Course Road, Sector 16C, Dwarka, New Delhi, 110078. You easily find this in google maps. The nearest metro station is sector 14 Station of Dwarka on Blueline of Delhi Metro. Car or Bike parking is free outside university in case you visiting by any vehicle.
Bring a your all university consolidated marksheet etc in original +xerox, your id document like aadhar or Passport etc , a plain paper & a pen. Lastly Cash for transcript fees. Rs.1000 is the charge for 1 transcript copy. Bulk rate for 25 copies is Rs.10,000. If you are not visiting yourself then an authorization letter is also required.
Procedure after visitng University is ….
- Visit the Indian bank on first floor of health building (near basketball court). Fill fees form mentioning your enrollment no, payment ,mode as one can be pay via cash or DD.
- Take the transcript charges receipt from bank and get it photo copied from uni-stationary shop near canteen.
- Write application on plain paper mentioning no of copies of transcript required. Remember each copy is charged @ Rs.1000.
- Next visit examination department to submit transcript fees receipt photocopy + photocopy of consolidated marksheet or all semester + authorization letter if candidate himself is not present.
- Carry original also as you may be produce them.
- You’ll be given a date by when these would be ready. All done.
- Oh! Do take their phone no to confirm before visiting again.
- Also better to speed-post transcript from post office in university campus only as they’ve got envelope specially for these purpose. Plus it looks more authentic when from address of transcript is of university post office.
Here is the pic of circular pasted on wall of Examination Department IP University.