Looking for geyser suitable to Indian bathrooms for bucket or shower bath? We have the best water heater geyser solutions for you depending on the family size and requirement.
Water heaters, commonly known as geysers in India, are widely used to provide hot water for various domestic purposes. Geysers are especially popular in regions with cold weather, as they offer a convenient way to get hot water for bathing, washing dishes, and other everyday tasks.
In India, you can find various types of water heaters or geysers, including:
- Instant Water Heaters: These geysers heat the water on-demand, providing hot water almost instantly. They are suitable for small households or places with limited space.
- Storage Water Heaters: These geysers come with a storage tank to hold heated water. They heat the water and store it for later use. They are available in different storage capacities to suit varying household needs.
- Gas Geysers: Gas geysers use LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) as a fuel source to heat water. They are common in areas with inconsistent electricity supply or where gas connections are readily available.
- Electric Geysers: Electric geysers are powered by electricity and are prevalent in urban households with a stable power supply.
- Solar Water Heaters: Solar geysers use solar energy to heat water. They are an eco-friendly option and are gaining popularity due to their energy-saving features.
When buying a water heater or geyser in India, consider the following factors:
- Capacity: Choose a capacity that meets your household’s hot water requirements. It depends on the number of people using hot water and the intended use.
- Energy Efficiency: Look for energy-efficient models to reduce electricity or gas consumption and save on utility bills.
- Brand and Warranty: Opt for reputable brands with good customer reviews and warranty coverage.
- Safety Features: Ensure the geyser has safety features like thermostat control, auto-cut off, and pressure release valves to prevent accidents.
- Installation and Maintenance: Check for easy installation and availability of service centers for maintenance and repairs.
An avg. Indian household take bath every via bucket while young people prefer showers nowadays.
We recommend storage water tank with tank size of 10L or 15L or 25L depending on family size.
- Bucket bath for 1-2 family members we recommend 10L storage geysers.
- Shower bath for 1-2 family members we recommend 15L storage geysers.
- Bucket bath for 3-4 family members we recommend 15L storage geysers.
- Shower bath for 3-4 family members we recommend 25L storage geysers.
- For 5+ family members we recommend 25L storage geysers.
We recommend only storage water geysers for harsh north Indian winters while for south one can go for instant water geyser. For any confusion look at our storage vs instant water geyser comparison. A new type of induction water geyser have arrived in market with no element inside the the water tank.
Water geysers, also known as water heaters, are common appliances used in households in India to provide hot water for bathing, cleaning, and other purposes. They are especially popular in regions where the water supply is predominantly cold or during the winter season.
In India, there are various brands and models of water geysers available in the market, catering to different budgets and requirements. Some popular brands of water geysers in India include:
- Bajaj Electricals
- AO Smith
- Crompton Greaves
These brands offer a wide range of water geysers with different capacities, energy efficiency ratings, and features such as digital temperature control, multiple safety mechanisms, and corrosion resistance.
When purchasing a water geyser in India, it is important to consider factors such as the capacity required (typically based on the number of family members), energy efficiency (BEE star rating), type of heating element (like electric or gas), warranty, and after-sales service.
It’s advisable to research and compare different models and brands before making a purchase, considering factors like price, customer reviews, and the reputation of the manufacturer. Additionally, consulting with a local plumber or retailer can also provide valuable insights and guidance in selecting the right water geyser for your specific needs.