Why use credit card when you can pay direct via bank account or debit card?
Ans: Because credit card rewards are mostly better than Debit cards and Netbanking. As you get better benefits like reward points and flexibility to use money without paying any interest on it.
However you need to be smart and wise spender who knows what you are getting into.
Because credit card are mostly beneficial only if you pay the total amount due(not minimum amount) in full every month.
Enough of gyaan let’s check the list of credit cards best suited for payment of Electricity , Water , Gas, Mobile Telephone and Broadband bills or better called as utility bills which you have to pay regularly every month.
SBI Prime Credit Card
- 5%(in reward points) utility bill payment
- 3.75%(in reward points) in selected grocery stores
- 2.5%(in reward points) in dining, groceries, dept stores & movies.
- 0.5%(in reward points) for rest of spending except fuel
- Reward points can be credit for cashback in statement.
- Annual Fee Year 1: Rs2,999 (Waived on spend of Rs.3,00,000 in a year)
- Apply Now
Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- 2.5% cashback petrol pumps max Rs.200
- 5% cashback on all phone bills Max Rs.200
- 5% cashback on all utility bills max Rs.200
- Minimum transaction amount for cashback eligibility is Rs750
- Maximum cashback per transaction is INR 100
- Maximum cashback of Rs.500 per month
- 1 reward point for every Rs.100 you spend on all other categories
- Annual Fee Year 1: Rs499 (Waived on spend of Rs.30,000 in a year)
- Annual Fees Year 2 onwards: Rs750 (Waived on spend of Rs.60,000 in a year)
Citibank Cash Back Credit Card
- 5% cash back on movie ticket purchases Max Rs.100 cashback
- 5% cash back on all your telephone bill payments Max Rs.100 cashback
- Pay through Citibank Online Bill Pay and get 5% cash back on Utility Bill Payments Max Rs.100 cashback
- 0.5% Cash Back(no limit) on all other spends.
- Annual fees: Rs.500 (no waiver)
So if you know how to manage credit cards and have self control on your financial spending then do try above cards.