After successful foray of India’s first & only available 4G+ router MR600, Tp-Link has quietly launched X20-4G in India which is second Cat 6 LTE router (4G+ with 2CA) router available in India. Though we were expecting 3CA or Category 9 atleast this time but Tp-link instead chose to upgrade router side capabilities still not bad.
This Tp-Link X20-4G supports wifi6 along with full deco mesh capabilities. What this means is one can use other Tp-Link Deco products like Tp-link Deco X20 or even Deco M4/M5 to spread out wifi6 network in whole house. All of which can be brought separately or one can buy 3pc pack with one X20-4G+two X20 mesh satellite devices.
- LTE 300mbps download 50mbps upload CAT6
- 2 External antennae ports with 2 SMB to SMA Adapters in Box.
- Wifi6 AX1800 dual band wifi 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz + 1201 Mbps on 5 GHz
- 3 gigabit port for wan/lan with 4G backup capability(use your exisiting fiber with 4G backup during downtime)
- Homeshield Anti-virus protection with Real-Time IoT Protection + Malicious Site Blocker +Intrusion Prevention System + DDoS Attack Prevention + Home Network Scanner
- Connects upto 150 device with ofdma support
- 4X4 MIMO support
- 1.5 GHz Quad-Core CPU
- 4G Band FDD-LTE:B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20/B28(2100/1800/850/2600/900/800/700 MHz)
- 4G Band TDD-LTE: B38/B40/B41(2600/2300/2500 MHz)
- 3G Band DC-HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS B1/B5/B8 (2100/850/900 MHz)
- 2 LTE antennas, 2 Wi-Fi antennas (Internal)
- Multiple antennas form a signal-boosting array to cover more directions and large areas
- Beamforming: Concentrates wireless signal strength towards clients to expand WiFi range
For Deco X20-4G first time Tp-link has publicly listed Carrier Aggregation supported bands:
Overall we recommend to use this if you got big brick house where you get ample 4G coverage in atleast one part of house or for 4G failover from existing fiber or broadband.