Steps to convert Jio normal mini-sim or micro-sim or nano-sim to esim online without visiting any Jio outlet.
- Jio eSIM can be used only on a compatible smartphone which supports Jio profile and esim both.
- First you need 32 digit eid and 15 digit imei no handy. You can get details of EID and IMEI this way – For iphone and iOS device, tap settings —> tap on General, —> select about. Here you will get information on EID and IMEI …………. For Samsung phones, tap settings —> tap on About phone —> select Status to get information on EID and IMEI ……………… For Motorola handset, go to settings —> tap on About phone to get information about EID and IMEI ……….. For Google handset, go to settings —> tap on About phone —> select SIM Status to get information about EID and IMEI.
- Send SMS GETESIM 32 Digit EID 15 Digit IMEI to 199 from your device with active Jio SIM.
- Once you send details of the IMEI and EID, you will get the 19 digit eSIM number and eSIM profile configuration details. Do not delete this message as it contains the esim number & activation code which is required to complete the eSIM configuration process in all further steps.
- After receiving this message, type SIMCHG 19 digits eSIM number that you received from step 4 and send to 199
- An update on eSIM processing will be shared with you after 2 hours.
- Once you have received the message from step 6 ….. SMS your confirmation by sending ‘1’ to 183.
- Next you will receive an automated call on your Jio number requesting to share the 19 digit eSIM number. Keep your 19 digit eSIM number handy for this step that you received in step 4. Once you have entered the correct eSIM number you’ll receive confirmation SMS of successful activation of services on your new eSIM.
- After this stage, your existing SIM will stop working and you need to configure your eSIM to use the services.
- In final step & to complete the activation process, eSIM profile needs to be configured on your smartphone. You’ll again need that SMS sent to you in step 4 with the activation code & ensure that your Phone is connected with the Wi-Fi network during this process. –
- For iOS, tap on Settings, select mobile data, and tap on Add Data plan. Now tap on ‘Enter details manually’. Enter smdprd.jio.com in the SM-DP+address column and the activation code received through SMS in the activation code column. After entering the Activation code, select Add Data plan to confirm the new mobile plan, Choose the Data Plan Labels as per your choice and select continue. Jio eSIM gets successfully activated and will reflect in Mobile Data –
- For Samsung Phone– tap on settings, select Connections Select SIM card manager and tap on Add mobile plan. Now Select Scan Carrier QR code. To enter activation code manually Tap on Enter code instead. Enter the Activation code received via SMS and TAP on connect. Plan addition is in process. After plan addition process is completed. Jio eSIM gets successfully activated and is reflected in SIM Card manager. If you are having SIM card inserted in SIM1 and SIM 2 both the slots, then SIM 2 will be turned off, to enable eSIM1In the Activation code column enter in this format – LPA:1$smdprd.jio.com$Activation code ( Enter the 32 digit activation code received via SMS) After plan addition process is completed, Select OK to Turn on the New mobile plan. Jio eSIM gets successfully activated and is reflected in SIM Card manager in eSIM1 –
- For Google and Motorola Next Gen Razr 5G Phone- tap on settings, select Network & Internet, Select Mobile network and then Tap on Download a SIM instead? and Select Next If you are having a Motorola Razr phone, after selecting Mobile network, Select Advanced, Select Carrier, Tap on Add Carrier and Select Next. To enter activation code manually tap on Need help? and select Enter it manually. Enter the activation code received through SMS. In the Activation code column enter in this format – LPA:1$smdprd.jio.com$ Activation code (Enter the 32 digit activation code received via SMS). After entering the code, select Activate. Once activation is done, select Done. Jio eSIM gets successfully activated and is reflected under Mobile network With this, your Jio eSIM services are successfully configured on your smart phone.
Please Note: -If all the steps mentioned above are not completed within 6 days, your request will get auto-canceled on the 7th day. In order to activate eSIM, you can initiate a fresh request again. -Your request will not be initiated if incorrect details are shared.
Another note: Please remember, Do not select “Delete” option from the eSIM settings as this will permanently delete the eSIM profile. If you have unknowingly removed it then please visit your nearest Jio Store, Reliance Digital or Jio Retailer with your Proof of Identity & Photograph to get the eSIM profile configured again on your handset.