Avios is name of the mile currency of British Airlines frequent flyer program. Can be used to take flight from British Airways and it’s partners One World Program.
Few of One world airlines that fly from India and can be used to earn and redeem Avios is Cathay Pacific, Finair, Malaysian Airlines, Qatar Airways, Q Qantas, Srilankan Airlines.
Best thing about Avios is it won’t expire as long as even one point is earned or redeemed in last 36 months. Most of the partner Airlines mentioned above have their frequent flyer program with fixed miles expiry date so Avios stands out.
Now let’s check ways to earn Avios points in India:
- Obviously flying with British Airways or any of Airlines mentioned above.
- ICICI Bank British Airways credit card which seems like obsolete now with whatever pages left on Icici website are not updated for a long time now. I think British Airways should get a new credit card partner.
- Citibank transfer program with Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card or Citibank Prestige Credit Card giving 2 or 4 avios respectively on every Rs.100 spent .
- Hdfc Diners Club / Infinia Credit card points can be converted to Avios in 1:1 ratio.
- Amex membership reward points can also be converted to Avios in ratio of 2MR points = 1 Avios
- Axis Bank edge Point Transfer in different ratio for different cards 5:4 for top-tier cards, 1:2 for travel cards, 10:1 for low end cards.
That’s it for now. If you find any other way then comment below