For plan Excitel Plan speed of 400mbps and above :
- Asus RT-AX55 AX1800 Wifi6 Router with AI-mesh support more info
- TP-Link AX1500 Wifi 6 Gigabit Router more info
- Mercusys MR70X Wifi 6 AX1800 Router more info
- Netgear RAX10 AX1800 Gigabit Wifi 6 Router more info
- D-link R15 Ax1500 Wifi6 Router more info
For Excitel Fiber Plan speed of 100mbps to 300mbps :
- TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Router more info
- Mercusys AC12G AC1200 Gigabit Router more info
- Asus RT-AC59U AC1300 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router more info
- Tenda AC10 AC1200 gigabit router more info
- Netgear R6220 AC1200 Gigabit Router – more details
- D-Link DIR-825 AC1200 Gigabit AC Router more info
- Tp-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Open WRT supported Gigabit Router more info
For Excitel Fiber Plan speed from 40mbps to 95mbps:
- TP-LINK TL-WR940N Wireless-N450 Home Router more info
- Mercusys MW305R N300 Wireless Router more info
- TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless-N Router more info
- D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N 300 Router more info
If you plan to use your own router with Excitel broadband then ask for Dumb ONU(Rs.1000 security deposit) from Excitel salesman instead of dual band router ONU(Rs.2000 security deposit) they usually provide.
The dual band router provided by Excitel on 2k deposit is AC1200 speed rating with 300mbps on 2.4 ghz + 866mbps on 5ghz with decent enough range for 900-1200sq ft house. You can also use Wifi Range extender along with this existing Dual band wifi onu for better coverage.
Dual Band Wifi Range Extenders for Existing Excitel wifi Ont Router:
I’ll recommend for TP-link wifi routers wholeheartedly for best VFM products , Good wifi range, UI with many useful features.
- Asus is best for higher end routers above 10k usually with good stable firmware & most feature loaded UI.
- D-link wifi routers although cheaper has medicore reviews for most products in India as they lack software refinement.
- Netgear wifi routers are the most stable units with refined software & decent hardware however they have highest cost in India in comparison to other brands.
- Also their low end routers are deprived of many useful functions like bandwidth management and torrent downloader. These functions can be found in even basic routers of brands like Tp-link n Asus .
Excitel Broadband is Fiber based Broadband provider launched in Delhi NCR area & now covers few parts of Hyderabad also. Excitel has revolutionized the broadband speed in Delhi NCR market with it’s true Unlimited Plans. Plans without FUP is it’s USP however it does have closet FUP limit of around 5TB. Even Act has launched True Unlimited plans in Delhi to compete with Excitel.
Current excitel plans are 50mbps till 1Gbps. For which normal wireless router may not be able to achieve the required speed specially for last 100mbps plan. As normal 300mbps router speed vary from 30-130mbps depending on distance from router, no other wifi networks in same channel, your wifi receiver.
If you are trying speedtest on mobile then make sure your mobile also supports multiple channels. As if your mobile support single channel you won’t be able to cross 50-60mbps speed. It’s same as single N router called 150mbps Dual N 300mbps and triple N450mbps. To achieve the speed make sure your mobile/laptop/desktop wifi adapter also support it.
So if you are opting for 100mbps plan & above better get grooving to a new router.
I’ll recommend AC1200 router as minimum with gigabit wan port as a must. To be future ready checkout the best wifi 6 routers available in India. For a premium router with extended coverage mesh routers is next step.
Same issue in tp link wr841n
Better to set the pppoe on
Connection on demand
Time to be 99
And save and then disconnect and connect it again
C50 archer does support excitel , it disconnected internet and reconnect in every 10 mins its self ..
I have downgrade it , used latest firmware , called customer care , still no success ..
Tp link doesn’t have any solution for this till now
If i have a solution or tp link help me in this , i will update this review asap .
Bhaiya ek router hamare yaha bhi lagwa do