Smart Plug can make your AC smart. For non inverter AC whether Window AC or Split a 16A is minimum required. While for inverter AC you can use 10A smart plug if AC wattage is below 2000w though we still recommend 16A smart plug only to keep it safe.
Best Smart Plug for Window AC & Split AC in India 2023
|Smart Plug FAQs|
|Q: Are smart plugs worth it?|
A: Yes Smart Plug are definitely worth the price as you can schedule your device connected to that smart plug. You can check the electricity consumption of any particular device you like.
|Q: Which are the best Smart Plugs brand in India?|
A: Best smartplug brands in India are: Wipro, Halonix, Syska, Havells, Zebronics, Oakter, Kamonk, Anchor, Philips , Zerbronics etc
|Q: What is the weakness of smart plug?|
A: Some smart devices won’t work without wifi so can cause problem if there is a frequent wifi problem in your areas.
|Q: Do smart plugs slow down Wi-Fi?|
A: Smart plugs hardly uses any data, its just stays connected to internet so hardly uses few kbs of data in a hour and few megabytes in a month.
|Q: How many watts are smart plugs good for?|
A: A 6A smartplug is good for devices till 1000w/1kw, A 10A smart plug is enough for 2000w/2kw appliances while a 16A smart plugs are suitable for 3kw or 3000w devices connected to it.
A smart plug, also known as a smart outlet or smart socket, is a device that connects to a regular electrical outlet and allows you to control the power supply to any plugged-in device remotely. It’s a type of home automation technology that adds “smart” functionality to traditional electrical outlets, enabling you to control and automate various electronic devices and appliances in your home.
Here’s how a smart plug typically works:
- Setup: You plug the smart plug into a regular electrical outlet in your home.
- Connectivity: The smart plug connects to your home Wi-Fi network, allowing it to communicate with your smartphone, tablet, or smart home hub.
- Control: Using a companion app or voice assistant (such as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant), you can remotely turn the power on or off to the device connected to the smart plug. This can be done from anywhere with an internet connection, providing convenience and control even when you’re away from home.
- Automation: Smart plugs often come with scheduling and automation features. This allows you to set timers or create routines for the connected devices. For example, you can schedule your coffee maker to turn on automatically every morning or have your lights turn on and off at specific times to give the appearance that someone is home when you’re away.
- Energy Monitoring: Some smart plugs offer energy monitoring capabilities, allowing you to track the power usage of the connected device. This can be useful for identifying energy-hungry appliances and optimizing energy consumption.
Smart plugs are versatile and can be used with a wide range of devices, including lights, fans, geysers, oven, televisions, and more. They are an excellent entry point into home automation and can help make your home smarter and more energy-efficient.
It’s essential to choose a reputable smart plug from a reliable brand and ensure compatibility with your existing smart home ecosystem (if you have one). Many smart plugs also work with popular smart home platforms like Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Samsung SmartThings, allowing you to integrate them into your larger smart home setup if desired.