Your Windows or split AC compressor is getting turn off in short period of time?
Here are the 10 possible reasons of why? :
- Dirty Ac Condenser: This is one of the major problems for AC’s that are not serviced properly if any of indoor or outdoor unit condenser is choked with dirt then it won’t let the AC’s to perform properly.
- Malfunctioning capacitor of fan: Check if fan of AC is working properly or not else compressor won’t work properly. Fan not working can be capacitor problem too.
- Malfunctioning Compressor capacitor: Another problem could be capacitor problem of AC compressor forcing it to switch off.
- Low Input Voltage: Low input voltage can be another reason why your AC is unable to cool properly. Get a Proper voltage
- Low AC (cooling)Gas: Low refrigerant gas in AC can be another problem why you AC is unable to cool properly. Leading to compressor overheating and tripping off eventually.
- Air in AC’s Pipe System: Here some dust or Air is inside the pipes of AC unit, while installing the AC suction compressor was not used to vent out the Air & dirt from pipe system. Or maybe it enetered while repairing the system or recharging the gas in the AC.
- Compressor Problem: Compressor in itself could be a problem. Due to low oil, circuit not attached properly.
|Latest 5 Star AC models|
Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star, Inverter Split AC(Copper, 4-in-1 Adjustable Mode, Anti-dust Filter, 2023 Model,185V Vectra Elite, White)
Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star AI Flexicool Inverter Split AC (Copper, Convertible 6-in-1 Cooling,Dual Filtration with HD & PM 2.5 Filter, Auto Cleanser, 2023 Model,ESTER Exi -CAI18ES5R33F0 ,White)
LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star AI DUAL Inverter Split AC (Copper, Super Convertible 6-in-1 Cooling, HD Filter with Anti-Virus Protection, 2022 Model, PS-Q19YNZE, White)
LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star DUAL Inverter Window AC (Copper, Convertible 4-in-1 cooling, RW-Q18WUZA, 2023 Model, HD Filter with Anti-Virus Protection, White)
Godrej 1.5 Ton 5 Star turbo Mode, Inverter Window AC (Copper, Anti-Dust Filter, Anti-Freeze Thermostat, 2023 Model, AC 1.5T WIC 18UTC5 WWA, White)
Voltas 1 Ton 5 Star, Inverter Split AC(Copper, 4-in-1 Adjustable Mode, Anti-dust Filter, 2023 Model, 125V Vectra Elite, White)
Panasonic 2 Ton 5 Star Wi-Fi Inverter Smart Split AC (Copper, 7 in 1 Convertible with additional AI Mode, Twin Cool, PM 0.1 Air Purification, CS/CU-ZU24ZKYF, 2023 Model, White)
Carrier 2 Ton 5 Star AI Flexicool Inverter Split AC (Copper, Convertible 6-in-1 Cooling,Dual Filtration with HD & PM 2.5 Filter, Auto Cleanser, 2023 Model,ESTER Exi -CAI24ES5R33F0 ,White)
LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star AI DUAL Inverter Wi-Fi Split AC (Copper, Super Convertible 6-in-1 Cooling, 4 Way Swing, Anti Allergic Filter, 2022 Model, PS-Q19SWZF, White)
Lloyd 2.0 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC (5 in 1 Convertible, Copper, Anti-Viral + PM 2.5 Filter, 2023 Model, White with Golden Deco Strip, GLS24I5FWGEV)
If your AC compressor is turning off quickly after starting, there could be a few potential reasons for this issue. Here are some common factors to consider:
- Thermostat Settings: Check your thermostat settings to make sure the temperature and mode are correctly set. If the thermostat is set to a temperature that has already been reached, the compressor might turn off.
- Electrical Issues: Electrical problems can cause the compressor to shut off. This might include issues with the wiring, fuses, or circuit breakers. A tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse could lead to the compressor turning off suddenly.
- Refrigerant Levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause the compressor to shut off as a safety measure. If the refrigerant charge is insufficient, it can lead to poor cooling performance and potential damage to the compressor.
- Blocked or Dirty Condenser: A blocked or dirty condenser coil can cause the compressor to overheat and shut off. Make sure the condenser unit is clean and free from debris that might be restricting airflow.
- Faulty Capacitor: The capacitor is an electrical component that provides a boost of power to start the compressor. If the capacitor is faulty or weak, it might not provide the necessary power, causing the compressor to shut off prematurely.
- Compressor Overload: If the compressor is under heavy load, it might shut off to prevent damage. This can happen if the unit is too small for the cooling needs of the space or if there are restrictions in the air ducts.
- Faulty Pressure Switches: Air conditioning systems have pressure switches that monitor refrigerant pressure. If these switches are faulty, they might falsely trigger the compressor to shut off.
- Clogged Air Filter: A clogged air filter can reduce airflow, causing the evaporator coil to freeze. This can lead to pressure imbalances and cause the compressor to shut off.
- Internal Damage: Internal damage to the compressor, such as a faulty valve or motor, can cause it to shut off quickly after starting. This would likely require professional diagnosis and repair.
- System Protection Mechanism: Modern air conditioning systems have built-in protection mechanisms that can shut off the compressor if they detect a fault or issue that could cause damage to the system.
If you’re not comfortable troubleshooting these issues yourself, it’s recommended to contact a qualified AC technician. They can hopefully detect the problem accurately and perform any necessary repairs to ensure your AC system operates without turning off.
We hope you like this article.