Best Router for ACT fibernet Broadband depends on plan you have opted for.
For plan Act Fibernet Plan speed from 300mbps and more higher end router is must to route the speeds
- TP_Link AX73 AX5400 Wifi6 Router more info
- Asus AX3000 Wifi 6 Gigabit Router more info
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AX 3000 RAX40 WiFi6 Router more info
- Linksys E8450 AX3200 Wifi6 Router more info
For plan Act Fibernet Plan speed of 100mbps to 300mbps Wifi 5 Router with gigbit port is enough…
- TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Router more info
- Mercusys AC12G AC1200 Gigabit Router more info
- Asus RT-AC58U AC1300 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router more info
- Tenda AC10 AC1200 gigabit router more info
- D-Link DIR-825 AC1200 Gigabit AC Router more info
- Tp-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Open WRT supported Gigabit Router more info
For plan Act Fibernet Plan speed from 40mbps to 95mbps Most low range router are enough…
- TP-LINK TL-WR940N Wireless-N450 Home Router more info
- Mercusys MW305R N300 Wireless Router more info
- TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless-N Router more info
- D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N 300 Router more info
If you are not getting the required speed on your ACT fibernet 150mbps plan time to get a router change. Chances are you maybe using old router with just fast ethernet port where the speed is limited to just 90-95mbps.
Also if you are getting only 20-60mbps speed then you are on N router.
What you need is AC wifi router with gigbit ports to get full speeds.
Now we have different type of AC router like AC750,AC1200, AC1350 ,AC1600 or even AC4000 AC6000.
Lets understand what is this. Well AC750 is N300 + AC450 (the number denotes theoretical speed)
AC1200 router is one that give N300 + AC867 speeds.
AC1350 router gives N450+AC867 speeds.
Here N band is 2.4ghz speed while AC is the 5ghz channel.
N300 uses 2 channels while N450 uses all 3 channels.
As we all already know 2.4ghz aka N band is about coverage
while 5ghz aka AC band is about bandwidth. So most people tend
to ignore this while buying an AC router but it better be N450 than N300.
So always check in specifications what N+AC combination is.
For 150mbps & 250mbps plan I recommend is min AC1200 or AC1350 with a gigabit ports.Though we recommend atleast AC1350 i.e. N450+ AC867 for 100mbps plan but hardly any model is available for AC1350 whatever one or two are available lacks gigabit ports which beats the whole purpose of N450 itself.