According to press release by jio in late afternoon. Vowifi would be launch phase by phase in next seven days. Main points of which were:
- Jio Wi-Fi Calling will be enabled pan-India between 7th and 16th January, 2020.
- To enable Jio Wi-Fi Calling, a step-by-step guide has been made available on Jio.com/wificalling.
- Customers can use any Wi-Fi network for Jio Wi-Fi-calling.
- The voice and video calls will seamlessly switch-over between VoLTE and Wi-Fi to provide anenhanced voice/video-calling experience.
- Comes at no additional cost. Same VoLTE tariff applies
- 0.56MB per voice minute of data consumption via wifi broadband network.
- Jio Wi-Fi calling works on the largest ecosystem of handsets. Will keep on adding more handsets gradually
- Jio customers can also make Video over Wi-Fi calls .
Jio has biggest range of Samsung Handset working vowifi from day one. Other brand of handsets include Google, apple, Vivo, Xiaomi, Motorola, Lava, Spice, Tecno, Itel & Infinix for now.