All new customers opting for Airtel would get upto 1TB data over a period of year in a new offer launched.
Customers opting for Rs.899 plan would 65GB per month while any plan above 899 would get 100GB per month for 12months/billing cycles from date of activation.
Airtel’s new offer is to bounce from slowdown in growth of new customers after array of cheap plans launched by cable/fiber provider in major cities. Infact Airtel is losing many customers to these providers for many months now.
For plan 899 for 12months X 65GB = 780GB
For plan 1099 & above 12months X 100GB = 1.17 TB of data
So Airtel is giving more data than actual advertisement.
Lets compare some of the lower and similar broadband plans of different provider:
- For lowest Plan 899+tax offers 125GB data @ 16mbps. (Free landline + unlimited calls post fUP 512kbps speed – low upload speed) Fiber+vdsl tech
- Excitel lowest plan 695 offers unlimited @ 50mbps. (No FUP truly unlimited + symetrical upload + pvt ip address) fiber+ethernet tech
- Hathway lowest 899plan offers 400GB @ 50mbps (Lower upload speed) Fiber+Docsis
- Den boomband offers 777plan with 150GB @ 20mbps (lower upload speed) Fiber+docsis
- Nextra fiber 799 plan 200GB @50mbps (symetrical upload speed) Fiber