Idea has launched 4G services in many cities and is expanding rapidly in newer towns and cities.
If you already have a 4G handset and just want to swap to 4G sim from existing sim then follow the below steps.
- Visit Idea store where 4G service is available and give 4G sim request.
Sim cost is zero if your existing sim is working.
- Please take backup of contact and sms from your current sim before step 3.
- Type SIM <complete new sim no printed on sim jacket or sim card> & send to 12345 (toll free) from your old sim.
- You will receive the confirmation on success with SR number.
- In another 5-10 minutes you’ll receive another sms asking for confirmation, just reply with ‘Y’ to that sms.
- Now it’ll take 20-30mins for current/old sim to disconnect.
- Once old sim shows zero network, put in the new 4G sim.
- Select 4G or LTE mode in mobile handset settings, you are ready to enjoy 4G speeds.
Hope you find this post helpful. Enjoy Idea 4G!