Fixed speed AC are old reliable work horse whose job is to keep the room/shop cool whole day. No PCB problem , easy to repair and simple to understand. These are best for big rooms and shops. Best for places where door open and shut frequently. Here is the list of top fixed speed ac in 2023.
Fixed speed AC are also called non-inverter AC. the compressor in these AC is either on at full speed or switches off when desired temp is achieved. There is no option to decrease or increase the cooling power of compressor according to temperature of the room.
A fixed-speed air conditioner, also known as a single-speed air conditioner or a conventional air conditioner, is a type of AC where compressor operates at a fixed speed or capacity. Here are some key points about fixed-speed AC units:
- Operation: Fixed-speed air conditioners have a single-speed compressor that operates at a constant speed whenever the unit is running. The compressor turns on and off to maintain the desired temperature in the room.
- Cooling Capacity: Fixed-speed AC units are designed to provide a specific cooling capacity that is appropriate for the size of the room or space they are installed in. The cooling capacity is typically measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs) or tons.
- On-Off Cycling: When the fixed-speed air conditioner reaches the desired temperature in the room, the compressor shuts off. As the room temperature rises again, the compressor turns back on. This on-off cycling continues as needed to maintain the desired temperature.
- Energy Efficiency: Fixed-speed air conditioners are generally less energy-efficient compared to newer technologies such as inverter air conditioners. This is because they operate at a fixed speed regardless of the cooling load, resulting in frequent on-off cycling and electricity wastage.
- Cost: Fixed-speed AC units are typically less expensive to purchase compared to inverter air conditioners or variable-speed models. However, they may have higher operational costs due to their lower power efficiency.
- Noise Level: Fixed-speed air conditioners can produce more noise during operation compared to inverter AC models. This is because the compressor turns on and off frequently, resulting in more noticeable noise bursts.
- Longevity: Fixed-speed air conditioners are known for their durability and reliability. With proper maintenance, they can have a long lifespan and provide effective cooling for many years.
- Suitability: Fixed-speed AC units are suitable for situations where consistent cooling is required and energy efficiency is not the primary concern. They can be a good option for budget-conscious consumers or for use in spaces with low cooling demands.
It’s worth noting that in recent years, inverter air conditioners have become increasingly popular due to their energy-saving benefits. Inverter air conditioners use variable-speed compressors that adjust their cooling capacity based on the cooling load, resulting in better energy efficiency and more precise temperature control.