If you are having xiaomi phone and using Jio sim in one slot and Airtel,vodafone, idea, Aircel, Rcom , Bsnl sim in other slot then read further.
Xiaomi or Mi phones we are talking about are
- Xiaomi Note 3 – Band 3,5,40 for Jio enabled
- Xiaomi Note 3 Prime – Band 3,5,40 for Jio enabled
- Xiaomi Redmi 3s – Band 3,5,40 for Jio enabled
- Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime – Band 3,5,40 for Jio enabled
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 – Band 3 & 40 for Jio enabled
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 prime – Band 3 & 40 for Jio enabled
- Redmi Note Prime – Band 3 & 40 for Jio enabled
- Xiaomi Mi4i – Band 3 & 40 for Jio enabled
All above phones have 4G with Volte enabled. Phone above dotted line are 2016 model with all the 4G band and volte was enabled out of box. Phone listed below dotted line have Band 5 missing and Volte was pushed via firmware update.
These phone work perfectly when we use any other operator in both the sims be it Airtel 4G, Vodafone 4G or Idea 4G.
However as soon as you put jio 4G sim in one of the slot, some of these phone starts to behave disruptively.
- Some start restarting.
- In some network disappears after some time
- You can’t switch other sim to 4G band
- Volte sign disappears again and again
All in all miui for Jio 4G is not behaving like it does for all other phones. I think Xiaomi need to look into this problem and push updates asap.